By Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann
Winner of the 2008 AJN booklet of the yr Award!
Named a good educational name for 2008 byChoice!
"This good written and good edited ebook fills a special gap....[one of the] invaluable few [books] that concentrate on technological know-how or drugs and [one of] even fewer that conceal the historical past of nursing."(Three Stars)--Doody's ebook evaluate Service
While there were many learn texts within the nursing literature, and nursing background is either taught in classes and of well known curiosity to working towards nurses, there has never been a hands-on textual content that describes the method of doing old study in nursing. This e-book, contributed by way of famous and revered nurse historians, presents the mandatory course, assistance, and examples had to behavior ancient examine. It covers such subject matters as historiography, biographical examine, utilizing artifacts in ancient study, doing archival and different information searches, doing foreign historic learn, and finding investment assets for ancient learn. Case reports could be used all through to demonstrate quite a few tools and describe how, why, whilst, and the place ancient examine is utilized in nursing.
Features of this edition:
- Provides course and instruments for undertaking old research
- Describes sorts of learn, together with biographical and oral histories
- Covers frameworks used to review old occasions, equivalent to social, political, feminist, highbrow, and cultural
- Addresses modern matters similar to keeping and storing digitalized and tape-recorded info and acquiring institutional evaluation board (IRB) acclaim for learn, and addressing moral and criminal matters in old research
- Includes case experiences that offer a "how-to" consultant to undertaking research