By Sue Barker
As clinical advances develop into extra refined, usual existence expectations keep growing. This provides major demanding situations to the health and wellbeing care method, and taking care of older humans is now each nurse's difficulty. This ebook goals to aid nursing scholars know the way to deal with older humans in any care surroundings. It uniquely makes a speciality of person-centred, humanised care as well as actual care, assisting scholars to envision attitudes in the direction of older humans in healthiness care and wrestle adverse stereotypes. The e-book takes a favorable stance on ageing, celebrating the truth that within the Western global we are living longer and more fit with a spotlight at the wellbeing and fitness of the individual.
· Easy-to-read advent for nursing scholars, with a bankruptcy on taking advantage of placements with older people;
· Linked to the newest NMC criteria and crucial abilities Clusters for degree-level education;
· Theory is associated with perform via case experiences and situations, emphasising the lived stories of the older person;
· Plenty of actions support construct severe considering and graduate skills;
· Further assets at the book’s site that will help you on your educating together with extra questions and case reports, web site hyperlinks, and PDFs of invaluable resources.
Read or Download Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series) PDF
Similar gerontology books
This is the 1st specific research of the industrial, social, and administrative implications for the institution of continuous care retirement groups (CCRCs). Leaders within the box of not obligatory dwelling preparations for the aged learn types of continuous care retirement groups through the usa.
Bis vor Kurzem wurde Altern quick ausschließlich als Bedrohung für die Zukunftsfähigkeit von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft wahrgenommen. In jüngster Zeit werden stattdessen die Kompetenzen und Potentiale des Alters betont. In dem Buch werden die verschiedenen Facetten dieser Potentiale erstmals umfassend dargestellt: von Begriffen wie Produktivität und Innovation bis zur Bedeutung der Älteren auf formalen und informellen Arbeitsmärkten.
Eighteen. Twenty-one. Sixty-five. In the United States this day, we realize those numbers as key transitions in our lives—precise moments while our rights and possibilities change—when we develop into eligible to solid a vote, purchase a drink, or sign up for Medicare. This quantity brings jointly students of youth, maturity, and outdated age to discover how and why specific a long time have come to outline the rights and tasks of americans.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Sports Competitions for Adults Over 40: A Participant’s Guide to 27 Sports
- Unmasking age: The significance of age for social research
- Breast Cancer: Daughters Tell Their Stories
- The Silvering Screen: Old Age and Disability in Cinema
- Creating Aging-Friendly Communities
Extra info for Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series)