By Manfred, PhD Diehl,Hans-Werner, PhD Wahl
How do members understand the event of getting older? Can this belief expect such developmental results as practical overall healthiness or mortality? The thirty fifth quantity of ARGG encompasses the most up-tp-date and fruitful learn findings in regards to the subjective adventure of getting older and describes how they healthy inside of a theoretical framework. It displays a brand new and complicated degree of improvement within the self-discipline of subjective getting older and may be a development block for destiny theoretical and empirical paintings during this zone of study.
The booklet integrates displays from a chain of modern workshops attended via a world cadre of subjective getting older researchers, the result of numerous longitudinal experiences from around the globe, and theoretical propositions from experiences which are ongoing. Chapters-reviewed by way of self sustaining students for "quality control"-- tackle significant conceptual ways and key demanding situations to subjective getting older learn; learn designs, empirical findings, and methodological matters; and the consequences of subjective getting older learn on interventions, society, and the altering contexts of getting older.
- Subjective getting older and know-how of aging
- Connections among learn on subjective getting older and age stereotypes and stigma
- Linking subjective getting older to altering social meanings of age and the existence course
- Psychological and social assets and subjective getting older around the grownup existence span
- Experimental study on age stereotypes
- Domain-specific ways and implications for addressing problems with developmental regulation
- Subjective getting older as a predictor of significant endpoints of getting older and development
- Exploring new contexts and connections for subjective getting older measures
- Changing detrimental perspectives of aging
- Subjective getting older learn from a cross-cultural perspective
- Subjective getting older examine and gerontological practice
- Future instructions for subjective getting older research
Read Online or Download Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 35, 2015: Subjective Aging: New Developments and Future Directions PDF
Best gerontology books
Here's the 1st targeted learn of the industrial, social, and administrative implications for the institution of continuous care retirement groups (CCRCs). Leaders within the box of not obligatory residing preparations for the aged study types of continuous care retirement groups through the usa.
Bis vor Kurzem wurde Altern quickly ausschließlich als Bedrohung für die Zukunftsfähigkeit von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft wahrgenommen. In jüngster Zeit werden stattdessen die Kompetenzen und Potentiale des Alters betont. In dem Buch werden die verschiedenen Facetten dieser Potentiale erstmals umfassend dargestellt: von Begriffen wie Produktivität und Innovation bis zur Bedeutung der Älteren auf formalen und informellen Arbeitsmärkten.
Eighteen. Twenty-one. Sixty-five. In the US this present day, we realize those numbers as key transitions in our lives—precise moments while our rights and possibilities change—when we develop into eligible to forged a vote, purchase a drink, or sign up for Medicare. This quantity brings jointly students of formative years, maturity, and outdated age to discover how and why specific a long time have come to outline the rights and tasks of usa citizens.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Textile-led Design for the Active Ageing Population (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Preparing Participants for Intergenerational Interaction: Training for Success
- Gerontological Social Work: International Perspectives
- Memory and Aging: Current Issues and Future Directions
- Cultural Gerontology
Extra resources for Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 35, 2015: Subjective Aging: New Developments and Future Directions