By Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan
This pathbreaking assortment presents whatever that has been lacking within the literature on getting older in India, particularly for non-Indian audiences: experiences of assorted features of getting older in India mixed with analyses of present rules, coverage tendencies and proposals. you are going to learn getting older matters from various perspectivesdemographic foundations, social and kinfolk family members, economics, health and wellbeing and incapacity, present interventions, and advocacy and coverage. An getting older India additionally offers you updated references, factors of adjustments and similarities inside India's different inhabitants, examples of courses in quite a few settings together with a geriatric health facility, a massive NGO, and old-age houses, and an outline of the improvement of India's nationwide coverage on getting older. the place acceptable, comparisons with U.S. coverage ways are noted.
An getting older India: views, clients, and rules examines:
- the demography of getting older in India
- the present nation of analysis on getting older, and the pitfalls linked to that study
- source of revenue, poverty, and the issues created by means of the inability of any common retirement source of revenue process in India
- the wellbeing and fitness prestige of Indian elders and what their healthcare customers are
- the placement for the disabled aged in India
- elder abuse within the Indian context
- social networks and grassroots corporations for seniors in India
- the function of Indian geriatric hospitals and old-age houses
The insights of the pinnacle researchers and practitioners who contributed to An getting older India: views, customers, and rules will strike domestic with their opposite numbers world wide. Make this e-book part of your professional/teaching assortment today!
Read Online or Download An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies PDF
Similar gerontology books
Here's the 1st distinctive learn of the industrial, social, and administrative implications for the institution of continuous care retirement groups (CCRCs). Leaders within the box of non-compulsory residing preparations for the aged learn types of continuous care retirement groups in the course of the usa.
Bis vor Kurzem wurde Altern quick ausschließlich als Bedrohung für die Zukunftsfähigkeit von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft wahrgenommen. In jüngster Zeit werden stattdessen die Kompetenzen und Potentiale des Alters betont. In dem Buch werden die verschiedenen Facetten dieser Potentiale erstmals umfassend dargestellt: von Begriffen wie Produktivität und Innovation bis zur Bedeutung der Älteren auf formalen und informellen Arbeitsmärkten.
Eighteen. Twenty-one. Sixty-five. In the USA this day, we realize those numbers as key transitions in our lives—precise moments while our rights and possibilities change—when we develop into eligible to solid a vote, purchase a drink, or sign up for Medicare. This quantity brings jointly students of youth, maturity, and outdated age to discover how and why specific a long time have come to outline the rights and duties of usa citizens.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Ageing in Singapore: Service needs and the state (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- Los placeres de la edad (Spanish Edition)
- Teaching Dementia Care: Skill and Understanding
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 32, 2012: Emerging Perspectives on Resilience in Adulthood and Later Life (Annual Review of Gerontology & Geriatrics)
- Gray Panthers
Additional info for An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies