By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical points of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines events and issues of specific predicament to older individuals and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies learn findings to the matter of assembly the non secular and psychological wellbeing and fitness wishes of elders with continual or acute health and wellbeing problems
- presents an in-depth examine end-of-life concerns comparable to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this e-book informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, health facility directors, and neighborhood clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It provides psychological health and wellbeing pros new concepts to aid enhance the later years of older adults, and makes an outstanding textual content for classes on faith, psychological wellbeing and fitness, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try to grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Similar gerontology books
This is the 1st particular learn of the commercial, social, and administrative implications for the institution of constant care retirement groups (CCRCs). Leaders within the box of non-compulsory dwelling preparations for the aged research versions of constant care retirement groups during the usa.
Bis vor Kurzem wurde Altern quickly ausschließlich als Bedrohung für die Zukunftsfähigkeit von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft wahrgenommen. In jüngster Zeit werden stattdessen die Kompetenzen und Potentiale des Alters betont. In dem Buch werden die verschiedenen Facetten dieser Potentiale erstmals umfassend dargestellt: von Begriffen wie Produktivität und Innovation bis zur Bedeutung der Älteren auf formalen und informellen Arbeitsmärkten.
Eighteen. Twenty-one. Sixty-five. In the US at the present time, we realize those numbers as key transitions in our lives—precise moments whilst our rights and possibilities change—when we turn into eligible to forged a vote, purchase a drink, or sign up for Medicare. This quantity brings jointly students of formative years, maturity, and previous age to discover how and why specific a while have come to outline the rights and tasks of americans.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Understanding Aging and Diversity: Theories and Concepts (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- The Hands of Strangers: Poems from the Nursing Home (American Poets Continuum)
- The Lotos-Eaters: Aging and Identity in a Yacht Club Community
- Hospice Social Work (NONE)
- Dementia, Culture and Ethnicity: Issues for All
Additional info for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years